Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Please read through all terms and conditions carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under the law. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not register for, purchase or use our websites. Use of our website constitutes your understanding and acceptance of all TDB Investments Ltd t/a Mobility Shop terms and conditions of sale.
We reserve the right to withdraw any products from this Website at any time and/or remove or edit any materials or content on this Website. We can refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of our withdrawing any Product from this Website whether or not that Product has been sold; removing or editing any materials or content on the Website; refusing to process a transaction or unwinding or suspending any transaction after processing has begun.
If we choose to waive any rights available to us under these terms and conditions on one occasion, this does not means that those rights will automatically be waived on any other occasion.
Payment and Prices
All prices are stated in pounds Sterling, we endeavour to ensure that the prices stated on the Website are correct. If however, we discover after you have placed your order that the price stated on the Website is incorrect, we will contact you as soon as possible to inform you of the error and of the correct price.
If the correct price is higher than the price originally displayed on the Website, you can choose between confirming your order and paying the correct (higher) price for the products or cancelling your order. If you do not choose either of these options we will be entitled to reject your order. If you confirm your order at the correct (higher) price we will, if you are paying by debit or credit card, debit that price from your debit card or credit card (or if we have already taken payment from your card, we will then debit the difference between the price paid and the correct price from your card).
If we have agreed to accept payment from you by cheque or banker’s draft, we will ask you to send us a further cheque or banker’s draft for the amount of the difference between the original price and the correct price. Any discounts on products that are advertised on the Website are subject to availability and will be available for a limited time, which will be indicated on the Website.
You, the Buyer are liable for any local country taxes/ duties should these arise. Banks charge for money transfers , the buyer is responsible for all bank charges incurred by placing an order on our website, always check with your bank
We cannot except part payments, all payments have to be made in full by the buyer before we can dispatch any product. Please Note we reserve the right to cancel any payment if we feel it is in any way high risk or fraudulent all credit card payments must pass security checks or the transaction will be cancelled
NHS Orders: We require a purchase order reference Number for all NHS orders, via email, fax or post:
- UK Credit and Debit Card payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Switch, Solo, Delta and Visa Electron . We reserve the right to cancel any credit card transaction at our sole discretion . If you card has 3D Secure, then you’ll need to enter the 3D Secure password as password (it’s case sensitive) so that the 3D Secure authentication returns Fully Authenticated. The cardholder is required to enter a previously agreed PIN code or password.
- Bank Transfer: Banks charge for money transfers, the buyer is responsible for all bank charges incurred.
- Where cheques are used for payment they should be made payable to TDB Investments Ltd, cheque payments must clear before any products can be dispatched.
- NHS Wheelchair Vouchers Any product paid via part payment such as a NHS Wheelchair Voucher remains the property of TDB Investments until we receive full payment. We reserve the right not to dispatch any such product until we have received an NHS Purchase order or full payment
- We reserve the right to refuse any NHS Wheelchair voucher. NHS Wheelchair vouchers are restricted to the item agreed on the voucher, they cannot be used for other products or transferred to a third party. We require a purchase order reference Number before we can dispatch
- International Orders: Payment via Bank Transfer only, Please remember to tell your bank to transfer the amount due in sterling as per invoice, without deducting Bank charges from the payment.
- All transactions are in Pounds Sterling, only
VAT (Value Added Tax) is payable on all invoiced prices ( where applicable) at the appropriate rate ruling at the tax point. If you do not qualify for VAT exemption or the product is not zero rated, we have to add 20% to the total amount due. You, the Buyer (person’s buying the goods) are liable for any local country taxes/ duties should these arise, and information given on any forms we supply. You, the Buyer (person’s buying the goods) are liable for any local country taxes/ duties should these arise, and information given on any forms we supply .You, the Buyer are liable for any local country taxes/ duties should these arise, and information given on any forms we supply. Import Duty varies from country to country, if you are unsure, please contact your local Government Importation Office.
By ticking the VAT Relief Exempt boxes you agree to the following:
You are a registered charity, are chronically sick or disabled or the products are being purchased on behalf of an individual who is chronically sick or disabled.
The product being supplied by TDB Investments are for personal or domestic use.
You claim that the supply of the product is eligible for relief from VAT under the VAT Act 1994.
The VAT Exemption Form has to be returned to us before we can refund any VAT payments, If payments are made Ex VAT and we do not receive a valid VAT Exemption Form we have to charge VAT on all purchases, a new invoice will be issued.
During the checkout process you will asked if you cam claim Vat relief, providing you complete this electronic VAT Relief form correctly and it is received by us then VAT will not be added to your purchase. In the case of orders, where it is not possible to return the VAT Form electronically or the VAT Form is not returned for other reasons, we reserve the right to charge VAT on any such order.
If you need further clarification please feel free to contact the team by contacting us on 0800 0556377 and a member of our customer services team will gladly be of assistance to you.
PLEASE NOTE: There are penalties for making a false declaration which could result in the purchaser paying the difference in VAT.
Please DO NOT claim VAT Relief in the check out section of our website IF:
- The product is not Zero rated or your not Vat exempt,
- In the case of a mixed order we have to calculate the VAT for you and adjust the payment to the correct total, a new invoice and exemption form will be sent to you. Please remember to let us know if you want to claim a Vat refund, quoting your order number. The VAT Exemption Form has to be returned to us before we can refund any Vat payments
- You can NOT claim VAT Relief if your are member of another EU Member state and the product is shipped from the UK
- All FREE Deliveries are based on a weekday delivery within the UK Mainland only, Timed and Saturday Deliveries are available at an extra charge. When the item is delivered the buyer should be aware that some minor assembly or setup could be required, The Goods must be signed for in person and must be inspected when delivered. Always refuse a damaged shipment and contact our Customer Services Team as soon as possible
- We will deliver the goods to the address you specify for delivery in your order. It is important that this address is accurate. If there is no one in to receive your goods (Parcelforce will either redeliver the following day or leave a calling card)or if an incorrect postcode or address is given any possible additional charges made after an attempted delivery are the responsibility of buyer.
- We cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage to the goods once they have been delivered in accordance with your delivery instructions (unless this is caused by our negligence).
- We will aim to deliver the goods by the date quoted for delivery but delivery times are not guaranteed. If delivery is delayed due to any cause beyond our reasonable control, the delivery date will be extended by a reasonable period and we will contact you to arrange an alternative time.
- We will make deliveries by post, courier, engineer or other methods at our discretion. We reserve the right to deliver the goods in several consignments, but will not charge any extra delivery for this.
- If you have any particular requirements or if you wish to receive your products for a certain date, please send us an email, however we cannot accept liability for any delay in delivery or non-delivery of goods. By submitting your order you are accepting the shipping and handling costs.
- Courier Surcharges apply to some postcodes including:
- Highlands of Scotland and Northern Ireland delivery.
- AB 31 to AB38, AB 40 to AB 56, IV 1 to IV 28, IV 1 to IV 28, IV 30 to IV 32, IV36, IV 40, IV 52 to IV 54, IV 63 KW 1 to 14, PA 21 to PA 38, PH 4 to PH 41, PH 49, PH 50, BT.
- Isle of Skye, Kirkwall, Orkney, Buteshire, Isle of Man.
- IV 41 to IV 49 , IV 51, 55, 56, KW 15 to 17, KA 27 and 28, KW 15 to 1, PA41 to PA 49, Pa 60 to PA 78, Ph 42 to PH 44 ZE, IM.
- Channel Island , Jersey & Guernsey.
- The Surcharges depend on the item delivered, they must be paid by the buyer before we can dispatch.
Damaged or Defective Shipments
Always refuse damaged shipment and contact our Customer Services Team as soon as possible but within 24hr of delivery.
The shipment’s recipient ( buyer) must receive the shipment in person and must inspect the shipment when delivered. The recipient ( buyer) must refuse the damaged shipment. If the recipient fail to do this and items are missing or damaged, no claim can be made against TDB Investments Ltd t/a Mobility Shop or the Couriers for these items.
Please note that you must notify TDB Investments t/a Mobility Shop as soon as possible but within 24 hours if any part of your order is missing or a product is incomplete
If you have not received your goods within 2 working days of receiving your email advising that your goods have been dispatched, then please contact a member of our team, quoting your full order reference. We will then attempt to locate your shipment and advise you of the expected delivery date. If you fail to notify TDB Investments t/a Mobility Shop that you have not received your delivery or its incomplete or damaged then no claim can be made against TDB Investments t/a Mobility Shop or the Couriers for the cost of missing or lost items.
At the Mobility Shop we want you to be completely satisfied with your purchases and offer a 7 day customer satisfaction guarantee. Please note we will not accept any returns without prior notice, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org before sending the goods back to obtain authorisation.
Goods MUST be returned in the condition they were sold including any packaging provided and unused. DO NOT RETURN any product without a valid returns number it will be rejected and retuned at your expense
Goods have to be returned in their original boxes and packaging, unless otherwise agreed in writing. We will not except any poorly boxed goods or goods damaged in transit. It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure that all products are boxed and fit for transport. We are not responsible for any damage caused in transit via a third party courier or delivery service. We reserve the right to refuse any such delivery. Until you the buyer return the products to us they are your responsible for taking care of them, we cannot accept returns in poor damaged condition. On return, a proof of postage must be obtained and it is the buyers responsibility to use a proper courier and suitable insurance for returns. Lost goods in transit cannot be refunded by TDB Investments t/a Mobility Shop.
All Goods must be returned within 7 working days of date of delivery.
We reserve the right to charge for labour or subsequent loss to TDB Investments t/a Mobility Shop for repair, replacement or repackaging of any products not returned in their original condition.
If you do not return the products complete (parts missing, damaged or used) we may take steps to recover them from you and to recover our costs of doing so by deducting those costs from the refund of the price or return the product to you.
28 Newton Road,
Devon TQ12 5AA
Unless the product shipped was different than the item ordered, or you received a damaged order, you will be responsible for paying return shipping costs.
Until you the buyer return the products to us they are your responsible for taking care of them, we cannot accept returns in poor damaged condition. On return, a proof of postage must be obtained and it is the buyers responsibility to use a proper courier and suitable insurance for returns. Lost goods in transit cannot be refunded by TDB Investments t/a Mobility Shop. All Goods must be returned within 7 working days of the delivery date.
If an order is cancelled or returned any promotional product (such as buy one get one free offers etc.) have to be returned to us at the same time, in unused condition, you (the buyer) will be responsible for paying return shipping costs. The promotional product will be charged at the standard retail price if it is not returned.
All refunds are made excluding delivery charges unless the item was faulty on delivery.
Non- Returnable Products
- For reasons of hygiene and cross infection, our returns policy does not extend to the following products: beds, mattresses, toppers and pillows, incontinence products, all hygiene products such as urinals, commodes and bed pans, compression stockings/tights, hearing aids, bathlifts or similar items cannot be returned,
- Special order, spare parts and “prescriptive” products such as wheelchairs, made to measure products or products with optional extras built in cannot be returned unless faulty.
- Self-assembly products cannot be returned if assembly is part or fully completed unless the item is faulty
- Extra Wide Bariatric products marked special order or made to measure can only be retuned if faulty.
- Products which are made to meet your order are strictly non-cancellable, non-returnable and non-refundable. In the event of a defect your statutory rights are not affected, when the item may need to be returned for replacement or repair only.
- End of Line, Clearance products, Ex Demos any product sold on Auction Sites cannot be returned unless the item is faulty.
Amendments of Cancellation of Order
Please note that where goods are personalised, customised, special order or made to order, you (buyer) have a right to cancel the order only until we or our supplier begin work on the order. Since work may begin immediately, it is important that you are happy with the details of your order at the outset. These products can only be returned if found to be faulty.
Orders cannot be cancelled or amended except with TDB Investments t/a Mobility Shop consent and on terms which will indemnify TDB Investments t/a Mobility Shop against loss and expenses incurred. Any goods returned without our consent will not be accepted for credit, the return cost of any such goods is the responsibility of the buyer, we reserve the right to charge storage fees for any such item sent to us.
TDB Investments t/a Mobility Shop reserves the right to take legal action against claimants who fail to return the free products on cancellation of their contract to purchase.
Third party service charges such as engineer delivery cannot be refunded.
On Site Warranty
On-Site warranty means that in the event of a product failure we will send an engineer out to either repair or replace the faulty product.
First Year On-site warranty is available as an optional extra on some products, it has to be arranged at the time of purchase. We reserve the right, to refuse or offer on-site warranty and /or insurance on any product or transaction for any reason or refuse the service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion. On-site warranty or/and Insurance cannot be cancelled.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY CALL OUT TO INSPECT ANY PRODUCT ITEM WHETHER FOR WARRANTY OR NOT IS SUBJECT TO A £95 ENGINEER CALL OUT CHARGE . THIS IS PAYABLE PRIOR TO ENGINEER VISIT
We offer a minimum of a 12 month parts and labour warranty against the use of faulty materials and/or labour by the manufacturer. All products must be returned to our premises previously agreed in writing, you ( the buyer) will need to arrange delivery and collection from us at your cost. Original packaging must be used to ensure safe return of the product.
Faulty products or parts must be returned return, TDB Investments t/a Mobility Shop before we can send out replacement parts or products. We reserve the right to charge for any replacement parts, where the faulty part / product has not been returned or parts are found to be missing.
Goods have to be returned in their original boxes and packaging, unless otherwise agreed in writing. We will not except any poorly boxed goods or goods damaged in transit. It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure that all products are boxed and fit for transport. We are not responsible for any damage cause in transit via a third party courier or delivery service. We reserve the right to refuse any such delivery. Please note we cannot supply replacement packaging.
Any repairs carried out by third parties, other than those done with our express written permission, will invalidate the warranty, if we replace any goods under the 12 month warranty period the replacement item is only covered for the remainder of the warranty period.
If damaged goods returned are found not to be defective and in full working order, they will be returned to you at your expense. We will charge for the cost of an engineer testing the equipment along with the cost of carriage, to cover the costs we have incurred, Payment must be made before the item is returned.
The manufacturer’s warranty does not extend to replacement of items due to normal wear and tear which includes some of the following:
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY CALL OUT TO INSPECT ANY PRODUCT ITEM WHETHER FOR WARRANTY OR NOT IS SUBJECT TO A £95 ENGINEER CALL OUT CHARGE . THIS IS PAYABLE PRIOR TO ENGINEER VISIT. However telephone assistance is free of charge.
The manufacturer’s warranty does not extend to replacement of items due to normal wear and tear which includes some of the following:
- Consumables or Perishables such as light bulbs, fuses, Tyres, Motor brushes, seat upholstery and plastic shrouds, or plastic components, including arm rests, foot plates, inner tube and batteries.
- Parts which need adjustment, re-setting replacement or repair due to abuse.
- Undue care or accidental damage such as flat batteries, normal battery degradation or punctures, spills or leaks.
- Any repairs or modifications not undertaken by an authorised engineer will also invalidate the manufacturer’s warranty. Most manufacturers do not permit the transfer of warranties to subsequent owners.
- Alterations or unauthorized repairs, collision damage.
- Damage that is not considered to be a result of component failure , material fading over time through sunlight.
- Customer shall have no rights or claims under any warranty following the non-usage or Non-enjoyment of defective Products.
- Failure to follow the Seller’s or the Manufacturer’s user manuals or damage during installation.
- Damage caused by commercial use or use other than normal.
- Damage due to being improperly packaged and shipped.
- Physical damage to products, negligence, wilful damage, misuse, and use over the specific weight limit .
- Products sold as clearance, demos or used stock or on auction sites such as Ebay are sold on an as seen without warranty unless specified.
Ownership of Goods
Ownership of the goods shall not pass to you until the Supplier (TDB Investments t/a Mobility Shop) has received in full (in cash or cleared funds) all sums due to it in respect of the goods, and all other sums which are or which become due to the Supplier from you on any account. TDB Investments t/a Mobility Shop (The Supplier ) shall be entitled to recover payment for the goods not withstanding that ownership of any of the goods has not passed from the Supplier.
TDB Investments t/a Mobility Shop reserves the right to take legal action against claimants who fail to return the free products on cancellation of their contract to purchase. We reserve the right to withdraw any Products from this Website at any time and/or remove or edit any material or content on this Website. We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of our withdrawing any Product from this Website whether or not that Product has been sold; removing or editing any materials or content on the Website; refusing to process a transaction or unwinding or suspending any transaction after processing has begun.
If we waive any rights available to us under these terms and conditions on one occasion, this does not means that those rights will automatically be waived on any other occasion.
Application Law and Jurisdiction
- Register by providing your real name, phone number, e-mail address, payment details and other requested information.
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Stipulate a delivery address in the United Kingdom. Please note that PO box numbers, hotels and accommodation addresses will not be accepted.
- Possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us.
- By submitting your order you are accepting the shipping and handling costs.
- If we provide goods to non-VAT registered customers in other member states, they may be liable to pay tax on arrival of the goods at the prevailing rate in their member state, any such tax payments, import duties are the responsibility of the Buyer.
Our terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. If any of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining terms and conditions shall nevertheless continue in full force. We accept no liability for any failure to comply with these terms and conditions where such failure is due to circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
By making an offer to buy a Product, you specifically authorise us to transmit information (including any updated information) or to obtain information about you from third parties from time to time, including but not limited to your debit or credit card number or credit reports, to authenticate your identity, to validate your credit card, to obtain an initial credit card authorisation and to authorise individual purchase transactions.
Many of the goods we sell are of a technical nature and unfortunately it is not practical to publish detailed specifications of all the goods and keep specifications 100% up to date. All drawings, descriptive matter, specifications advertising, help texts and guides on our website are for the sole purpose of giving approximate descriptions of the goods.
The products are manufactured by third parties. Each product may vary slightly in detail from the description and the image on the Website. The descriptions and images of the products on the Website are for illustration purposes only and we cannot guarantee that they are a completely accurate representation of the products. Shades of colours on the images on the Website and/or how they are displayed on your computer screen may vary from the actual shades of the colours of the products and we cannot accept liability for these variations. Manufacturers may vary or up-grade the design of products we cannot accept liability for these variations.
TDB Investments t/a Mobility Shop does not accept responsibility for loss or damage caused by the customer’s misuse of goods. The buyer is responsible for the goods and all associated risks once they have been delivered. The buyer has to clear the goods for import and takes on the risks and costs of the goods as soon as they are accessible at the named destination. The buyer is responsible for any Tax, Import duty, Fees or extra costs within their country.
We do not warrant or represent that the functions contained in the material available on this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials.
Virus protection is very important, we make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing this website does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the internet.
Links on TDB Investments t/s Mobility Shop website will lead to other websites which are not necessarily under our control. We are not responsible for the content of any linked site. Listing and linking should not be taken as an endorsement of any kind and we accept no liability in respect of the content. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
Guides on TDB Investments t/s Mobility Shop website and any information should be considered in regard to your own specific circumstances. All guides information are followed at your own risk and should be followed up with your own research. The information we provide does not address your individual requirements. In particular, our information does not constitute any form of advice, recommendation, representation, endorsement. Given that the impact of any information expressed on our site can vary widely based on your particular circumstances, you should always carry out your own research into the product that is of interest to you.